Tuesday 26 April 2016

Elegant Visitor to the James Watt Dock

The tall ship Stavros S Niarchos has been in at the James Watt Dock in Greenock recently.


The ship is owned by the Tall Ships Youth Trust and is a two-masted brig.



Would love to see her in sail.



Just seeing this ship docked in Greenock makes me think about how the place must have looked when the Clyde and docks were filled with ships like this.  Must have been amazing!  Oh no, now I've got the theme music from the Onedin Line in my head!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, did you watch that too. Beautiful looking ship that, you were lucky to see it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ship. Must be great to sail her. The Clyde Clipper fae your toon visited Glasgow recently and I managed to get a snap of it racing the Renfrew Ferry up the river. The Clipper won of course.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are very welcome.