Friday 9 August 2024

Just imagine!

While walking to Cathcart Street recently, I noticed these windows at the western end of Greenock's Municipal Buildings directly across from the library at Wallace Place.  It occurred to me that they could be put to good use in promoting our town.

They are in a busy location with people going to the Library, the Oak Mall or visiting the Fire and Rescue Museum on Dalrymple Street.  

I'm no graphic artist, but here are some of the ideas that I came up with - perhaps on large posters in the windows or some other method of display.  I noticed that they have a flat shelf that displays could be set up on.  Here's what I imagined!


Surely someone on Inverclyde Council could come up with a way of making these windows a bit more useful.  Displays or posters about local events could be put in place here, or even just information of local interest.  With many visitors in the town from cruise ships, it would be the ideal opportunity for promoting our area.


I am sure that the Watt Institution, Greenock's Museum and Art Gallery, has a lot of posters and artefacts that could be put to good use here.
Here's another idea -


There is so much of our local history and heritage that could be advertised here.
Anything would be better that what's already there!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are very welcome.